Our History In The Audio Visual Industry

Jane and Dennis Woodhouse founded CTI in 1988 as a privately held audio visual firm. Throughout its history, CTI has grown to include multiple locations throughout the United States. CTI has also expanded its services from a local reach to a global customer base.

Today, CTI is a leading custom audio visual systems integration solutions specialist that offers a wide variety of services to customers from around the world.

blue ribbon
1988 Company founded in Saint Louis, Missouri by Jane and Dennis Woodhouse
1991 CTI formally establishes company headquarters in Saint Louis, Missouri
1997 John Laughlin joins company as Vice President
2001 Acquires Visual Works KC location and expands into Overland Park, Kansas
2003 Expands operations in Memphis, Tennessee
2004 Expands operations in Omaha, Nebraska
2005 Expands operations in Peoria, Illinois
2006 Acquires Visual Works Wichita location and expands operations in Wichita, Kansas
2008 Acquires VMI in Saint Louis, Missouri

John Laughlin acquires 49% of company ownership and Jane Woodhouse retains the other 51%

Dennis Woodhouse Retires

2009 Headquarters relocated to larger facility in Saint Louis, Missouri

John Laughlin named President, Chief Executive Officer

Expands operations in Little Rock, Arkansas

2011 Expands operations in San Jose, California

Jane Woodhouse Retires

John and Mary Laughlin were named Owners of CTI

2012 Acquires Media Images in Saint Louis, Missouri

CTI refreshes company logo

2013 Asset Purchase of Pratt Audio Visual out of  Iowa

Acquires United Visual, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois

Expands operations in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Milwaukee, and Chicago

Acquires St. Louis Audio Visual in St. Louis, Missouri

2014 Expands operations in Phoenix, Arizona

Expands operations in San Francisco, California

2015 Acquires UNAVP and expands event solutions in the Chicago and Milwaukee area

Acquires Industrial Audio Video and expands operations in Houston

2016 Expands operations in Austin, TX
2017 Asset Purchase of ECS in Davenport, IA
2018 Asset Purchase of AVSIGroup And Expands Operations In Houston

CTI Has Rebranded TVS Of Detroit To CTI

Asset Purchase of Digital Meeting Solutions (DMS) And Expands Operations In Indianapolis

2019 Asset Purchase of Comprehensive Technical Group (CTG) in Atlanta, Georgia

Asset Purchase of Techteriors, Expands Operations in Milwaukee

2021 CTI Acquires AVNation Media, Inc

CTI expands operations in Oklahoma City

CTI opens new Seattle office

Acquired AVPG (Audio Visual Professional Group), increasing the capabilities of our live events team in Houston, TX

2022 CTI acquires ProVideo, increasing our capabilities in the Columbus and Toledo, Ohio markets

Expands operations to New York Metro region with office in office in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

Expands operations to Charlotte, North Carolina

2023 Expands operations to Research Triangle with new office in Raleigh, North Carolina

Expands operations in Northern Arkansas with office in Bentonville

Expands operations in Washington, D.C.

Conference Technologies, Inc. rebrands as CTI and launches a new website at cti.com

CTI celebrates its 35th anniversary

2024 CTI Aquires Vistacom, Inc. of Allentown, PA, expands NOC and Control Room practice nationwide and globally through the PSNI Alliance